Alhamdulillah while baba attended a workshop at The Gurney Hotel, Penang, ammi got a few 'off' days. The 'Off' days does not means ammi ran off, abandoning u boys, or 'off' in terms of "moon come", but 'off' from the daily chores, off from cooking, cleaning, off from washing laundry etc..
For 3 whole days, the workshop under baba's Supervisor Dr Norhashimah Hashim that is undergoing a research under The Education Grant USM. Baba as her
Ammi's off days only lasts for 3 days & 2 nights but ammi had soo much fun:
1) I do not have to worry about keeping the place clean-there's housekeeping.
2) No hassle to get u boys to bathe, both of u willingly put urselves in the jacuzzi bath & the swimming pool that comes with water slides, just like a mini waterpark.(more than twice daily)
3) Meal time is a breeze, -soo many choices at the buffet table. Just eat whatever u desires.
4) While baba is at the workshop & it's too hot to swim, theres movies & cartoons to watch, also drawing & colouring for u boys to enjoy
5) Not once i heard boys complaining about the hot weather as there's two aircond in the suite.
Here are a few pixs ammi really loves..:
This is my favourite ever!..
Despite all the nice & lovely things..
There are a few things that sometimes embarrasses me a little at hotels:
1)When u boys acted as if never set foot in a 5 star hotel-presssing all the buttons in the lift, and touching everything u sees
2) When u boys are like jakun with all the variety of food choices & the way u go berserk in public in order to put everything piled up on ur plates.
3) When either 1 of u drop a spoon/fork/knife to the floor & it makes the 'waiter person' looks towards us
4) When baba eats his breakfast/lunch/dinner The East meets West way, e.g: nasi lemak + baked beans + french toast + buns + mee goreng ALL in 1 plate.;-) -"semua pun akan bercampur dlm perut kan, lagipun tak payah bazir2 pinggan" -quote from baba
5) Whan a MALAY hotel staff TRIES her/his best to speak fully english even though berabuk/pasar/tak betul grammar semua. I'm embarrased FOR him/her
6) When u boys are super excited in the pool & don't want to get out as if ammi & baba never brings u to pools.
7) When muslim guests's swimming attire 'mengalahkan' non muslims.
8) When the housekeeper comes & sees our suite is like 'tongkang karam/tempat kucing beranak'..
All in all it was a nice sweet little vacation, right?